- Study in Cape Town, a World Design Capital and site of contrasts and contestations focusing on housing and urban design.
- Develop a collaborative project with community members focused on a practical hands-on aspect of shelter and urban design.
- Engage with Capetonians who are passionate about design and its role in creating livable, just cities.
- Analyze the “right to the city” through an examination of identity, access, belonging, and urban space.
- Learn from the everyday experiences of Cape Town’s residents through contrasting homestays in a township and the city center.
Visit my blog to read about my entire experience in Cape Town: https://jussiladesigns.wordpress.com
Collaborative Design Project
Through community involvement during the designing and implementing phases, we hope to restore a sense of community inclusion and pride, while increasing the safety and well being of the residents in the Kraal, and further improve the housing conditions and community accessibility. We have created a tentative plan to share with the community that will meet these three criteria through the implementation of additional services and further development of the Kraal.
Ansleigh Davies, Kristen Jussila, Jacob Pavlik, and Danielle Propst